Actually, I can book launch

8 August 2013 / Leave a Comment

Last Saturday it was lovely to go along to the launch of Actually, I can, the third book by Nicky Johnston that aims to help children who are experiencing anxiety. The launch was held at Frankston Library and attracted a large crowd. Current CEO of World Vision Australia, Tim Costello gave a heartfelt speech about how reading books with children or grandchildren is all about relationships and showing them that you care.


Nicky said that her book is all about having a go and believing in yourself. She read Actually, I can to a very engaged group of youngsters and adults. Many of the kids were sitting cross legged up the front and there were cries of delight as she went along ‘It’s a lizard, that’s a bag!’


The launch had a great festive spirit, with raffle prize giveaways, like Actually, I can bags and mugs. We loved the glittery cupcakes with miniature Actually, I can book toppers. There was excellent attention to detail, perfectly pitched for the crowd of youngsters and parents that came along. Well done to Nicky Johnston, publisher Rough Draft and the team at Frankston Library!


My (almost) six year old daughter, Sasha, also wanted to write her thoughts about the launch (she’s just discovered how to type smiley faces!) …


hi my name is sasha my comments it was very good
it was very busy          my mum and I got to listen to herJ
her voice sounded beautiful I LOVE itJ


I’ve read her other books at school. my favourite book was the third oneJ    the end


Visit: http://www.happyhero.com.au/





Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top