Humble Nations - Book cover design

24 January 2014 / Leave a Comment

As I said in a recent post, I'm a sucker for good design. I created my own book cover using a free stock image and the pictures editing program on my MacBook, but a week later, I couldn't stand to look at it on the Screwpulp site. It was almost hurting my eyes. It just wouldn't do. There's an art to good book cover design and it's offensive for someone like me to think I could just slap one together in twenty minutes.


Last night I spent an hour or so searching for 'premade ebook cover' on Google and boy are there some lousy book cover designs out there. My slapdash one was almost starting to look good ... But then I came across Humble Nations and it was my eureka moment. They've got hundreds of great premade cover designs, sorted into user-friendly categories such as man, woman, world, abstract, zombies, animals and witches etc. Once you select the design you want they take it off the site, so although they use stock images for the covers, your cover design is unique. 


I discovered the perfect quirky cover, for my quirky little book. I sent them my title, name and within half an hour James sent me back my beautifully designed cover! And it only cost thirty bucks. It was such great service, I just had to blog about it.


Thanks so much James ... you really are a superstar ... love your work!


Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top