10,000 reads on 'Bequest' on Wattpad …

3 June 2014 / Leave a Comment
I’ve finally reached the 10,000 reads milestone on Wattpad for my story Bequest! 10,000 reads is based on chapters. Back in high school, Sister Jenny ‘suggested’ to my parents that I discontinue maths in year 11. Apparently, I was easily distracted. So take these calculations with a grain of salt … but of the 6000 people that started reading Bequest, one in ten went on to read the second chapter. Bequest is perhaps different to what people are expecting to read on Wattpad and readers, like me, can work out within a couple of paragraphs whether the story is for them or not. But the good news is that of the people that went on to read the second chapter, one in two went on to read to the very end. That’s a stat I’m pleased with given the unconventional nature of the story.


One thing that has really fascinated me is the handful of readers that have read Bequest that have then gone on to read everything I’ve put on Wattpad (including a short story, some mircrofiction and the YA novel I’m serialising). Wattpad tracks all this if readers are voting on their favourite chapters. One person chewed through everything I’d put on there in half a day, one after the other. It was fascinating to watch … These readers are hungry and if they taste something they like, they’ll go on to find more …


Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top