Why writers love book bloggers

14 September 2015 / Leave a Comment


For a long time I've adored the line from A Streetcar Named Desire, by Tennessee Williams, 'I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.' Lately, I've realised book bloggers are a bunch of very kind strangers. They are friendly, articulate and passionate and they are motivated by sharing the joy of reading with others. It is altruism at it's very best.


I know how much time it takes to write a meaningful book review, or to write a blog post and add some links and images, and how long it takes to build a following for a blog, so I am so grateful when one of these influential readers takes a look at my novel The Replacement Wife. 


One YA author, Andy Robb, recently founded the UKYA blogger awards to give back to the blogging community that gives so much to the writing and publishing community. In his Love Letter to YA book bloggers in The Guardian he says:


... there’s the community aspect. I don’t think I’ve ever come across a bunch of folk who, even though they may not have met each other in the flesh, embody the word so perfectly. You share thoughts, share books and support each other. More than that, you even let authors join in, giving us a big, communal cyber-shoulder to lean on. There are more than a few authors I know of who’ve openly admitted that, if it wasn’t for this virtual foster family, they would’ve thrown in the towel.


Here's a roundup of some of the coverage The Replacement Wife has received from wonderful bloggers so far ...


Bookaholic Confessions - 5 star review
a serious, sobering and thought-provoking story ... a painfully real read with flawed characters and plenty of heartbreak.


Raven Haired Girl 
Wiseman delivers an emotional read with severely flawed characters dealing with an uncomfortable topic ... Wiseman is a talented authoress, she pulled me into her story forcing me to play the role of armchair friend, foe, and marriage counselor, sign of a more than gifted writer.


Chicklit Club 
It’s an interesting, well-written story with a ‘careful what you wish for’ moral. It will no doubt divide readers because of its subject matter – but I think it’s well worth a read if you keep an open mind.


I liked the story for its ability to make me think. Think hard. About life choices, about how much work it is to actually keep any relationship, let alone a marriage alive, especially after kids enter the picture ... Honest and at times brutal in its depiction, digs deep into why we stray when we stray.


Living Life with Joy 
It’s an interesting and entertaining process, watching Luisa try to play match maker for her husband. 
... there were moments that made me giggle, such as when she screened out a potential replacement wife on the grounds that she had a thermomix - run from the thermomix!


HarperCollins have organised a blog tour for The Replacement Wife from 21 September - 2 October. I'll post a list of the stops on my blog soon so readers can follow!







Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WDN9R24
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=9781460705902
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/the-replacement-wife-8
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/the-replacement-wife/id987629388

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top