The Replacement Wife blog tour round up part 2

3 October 2015 / Leave a Comment


My blog tour for The Replacement Wife has now come to an end ... here's some of the posts from the last part of my blog tour journey:

Jbiggarblog

Do your characters talk to you?
Absolutely. My characters keep me company. They’re loudest in the shower, probably because it’s in the morning and my head hasn’t been clouded by other things as yet. My characters are intriguing people and they walk with me on the footpath, in the supermarket and whisper to me on my pillow.


What are the best writing books or blogs you've ever read? 
I like Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style for sensible advice like: ‘A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts.’ I like to follow Aerogramme Writers’ Studio – a blog with information about opportunities for writers. I really enjoy Ericka Clay’s upbeat writing style in her blog. She’s witty and courageous and puts herself out there. My other favourite blog for writers is Jason Howell’s Howlarium – he asks thought-provoking questions of different writers weekly in his ?uestions series.


Harps Romance Book Review


How did you get started, can you give people wanting to write an idea how to get started?
I’ve always been writing stories since I was a kid. I did a degree in Professional Writing, but it wasn’t until I was working for a few years that I returned to writing and wrote my first novel Searching for Von Honningsbergs. I submitted this to everyone and everywhere, and the rejections kept on getting more and more positive. If you get good rejections, then inspiration can come from rejection. Eventually, it was longlisted for the Australian Vogel Award and I knew that there was something about what I was writing or the way that I was writing that could get noticed. It was the encouragement I needed to keep on going.


In the beginning, my goal was to get published. Now that I am being published, I know that publishing can be distracting and my goal now is to be able to focus more on my writing! Writers starting out should enjoy the freedom of writing with hope and anonymity. Write with courage and submit with courage. Learn about this changing industry and get excited about the possibilities of writing in this digital age. Join an online writing community like Wattpad and find out if there’s an audience for your work and connect with other writers and readers.


Dena Garson


Which do you prefer writing adult or children fiction and why?
I couldn’t pick, it would be like choosing a favourite child! I love writing for children because I get to be more playful and bring out my inner child. I also write young adult fiction and I really love the raw emotions I can bring out in my teen characters. I like that I can challenge myself more with my writing style in adult fiction and write more creatively. I think a lot of my adult fiction shows adults behaving like children – just because my characters are older, doesn’t mean they’re any more mature!


Rachel Brimble


What was your first job? Did you like or dislike it? Why?
My first job, I hate to say it, was working at McDonald’s. In my first week I failed a secret shopper visit. Apparently I didn’t smile or upsell. And so set the tone of my career at McDonald’s; oil burns on my arms from the chip fryer, smelly armpits, oily pimples from wearing a hat. It was in the days before they had salads at McDonald’s, where men would order a Big Mac and a cheeseburger and customers would abuse you if you forgot to put a serviette in their takeaway bag. The only upside of working at McDonald’s was the training I got, I’ve never had such thorough training ever since. They taught me to multitask – take the order, get the tray out, put the cup under the drinks pourer, grab the burger, grab the chips, drink now poured, grab the drink … there was a process for everything.


Archaeolibrarian

Tell us a little about The Replacement Wife?
The Replacement Wife is about a lady named Luisa who falls in love with another man, so she tries to find a wife for her husband. She has an 8-year-old son and she convinces herself that she is looking after everyone’s interests by attempting to play matchmaker for her husband.


Thanks to all these bloggers for hosting The Replacement Wife and to Goddess Fish Promotions and HarperCollins for organising the tour.


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WDN9R24
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=9781460705902
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/the-replacement-wife-8
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/the-replacement-wife/id987629388

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top